Squeee! I am just so excited to tell you that my son was awarded an academic letter at his school. Since he is in 9th grade only the top 5% of students in his grade were awarded. He was one of 19 out of 386 students! Isn’t that impressive?
You might think I’m bragging and, well, I AM!! I have every right to- I’m a darn proud mama and he worked his butt off!
Just think about how far he has come in the last four years:
- He went from not being able to carry on a conversation to being very conversational
- He has learned to communicate his needs and express his emotions correctly
- He has and continues to make and keep relationships with friends
- He had EXTREME sensory needs and has gone through rigorous OT and now barely has any sensory processing issues and no longer needs therapy
- He went from not being able to focus at school to being a leader in his class
- He went from being so anxious that he could barely leave the house to learning how to manage his anxiety and rarely has fears that he cannot work through. (I was extremely impressed at his ability to get up on stage to accept his award having only minor noticeable anxiety!)
All of this was possible due to ditching nasty medications that doctors shove down kids throats, getting the proper nutrition to support his body and brain, having wonderful occupation therapists who knew his needs, amazing support from his school and lots and LOTS of dedication.
Clearly our hard work is paying off big time and it was so worth it! Everyday I look at his progress and I am still amazed and so grateful that we were able to find what worked for him.
I love my son so very much and I am so excited to see where his road leads him. The sky is the limit for this kid!